Four fabulous seasons
Don't let the snow scare you. We can handle it (unlike others we won't mention). Just wait 'til you experience the change of seasons around here.
Around here, you don't see spring — you hear it, feel it and taste it. Our unofficial kick off of the greenest season starts with the St. Patrick's Parade. And the grass just keeps getting greener from there. Think birdsongs, scent of earth, warm breezes and maple syrup.
- St. Patrick's Parade, downtown, Saturday before St. Patrick's Day.
- Syracuse Mets, AAA baseball team plays at NBT Bank Stadium.
- Mountain Goat Run, 10 miles up and down awesome hills.
- Syracuse Fashion Week, style, runways, models, CNY creativity.
Lots of lakes, gorgeous gardens, waterfront celebrations and u-pick farm stands. Our summers are tied to the natural landscape and its bounty. And every weekend, there's a festival. Dive in.
- Taste of Syracuse, spreads out every June from Clinton Square.
- Syracuse Nationals, the largest car show in the Northeast.
- Onondaga Cup & LakeFest, every July on Onondaga Lake.
- Jamesville Balloon Fest, solstice weekend, Jamesville Beach Park.
- New York State Fair, 13 days ending on Labor Day.
Syracuse University football tailgate parties, hayrides out to the orchard, leaf peeping and haunted houses galore. Fall is a favorite around here — the kind of weather where you can pair shorts and a hoodie. Birkenstocks and socks are another story.
- LaFayette Apple Festival, a delicious treat every October.
- Syracuse International Film Festival, juried competition in October.
- Golden Harvest Festival, family fun at Beaver Lake Nature Center.
- Syracuse University Football, Carrier Dome, our "Loud House."
- Syracuse Stage, a new season every September.
We're not gonna lie. Winter can be brrutal. And beautiful. But you're practically guaranteed warm feelings when you experience winter with your fellow Central New Yorkers. Bundle up and take a hike, dine fireside and savor the warmth and conviviality of your neighbors. We're all in this together. And that's a beautiful thing.
- Lights on the Lake, colorful family fun.
- Holidays in the City, outdoor fun in downtown Syracuse.
- Dickens Christmas, carolers, tradition, in charming Skaneateles.
- Syracuse Winterfest, 12 days of food, music, and outdoor fun.
- SU basketball, the biggest college basketball arena in America.